iFeelSports 2013. Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho believes that Galatasaray will need "a miracle" if it is to overturn Wednesday's 3-0 defeat at Estadio Santiago Bernabeu in Istanbul next week.

Even though goals from Cristiano Ronaldo, Karim Benzema and Gonzalo Higuain have put Los Blancos within touching distance of the Champions League semifinals, Mourinho is taking nothing for granted ahead of his side's trip to the Turk Telekom Arena.

"They need a miracle, but there are miracles in football," Mourinho said during his post-game press conference. "The history of football is full of miracles, so why not? Why can't they dream of a miracle?

"I have enough experience to understand that we have a very good result, but that it is not over. I will try everything in my power to convince my players of that, and that we we have go there seriously.

"Of course, if we score one goal, they have to score five. But I think we have to go there with the same mentality.

"I prefer to wait for the next match to do analysis on the tie, but if you look at the first leg, anything can happen next time out."

Even though Madrid has seemingly secured its place in the last four, the Spaniards have no idea who they could end up facing in the semis -- and that is just the way Mourinho likes it.

"I like not knowing the whole draw until the final," the two-time Champions League winner explained. "As well as us as professional players, I think the supporters also like this so they can see the draw for every round. So, for that reason, I think it's better to wait for the qualified sides and then do another draw."

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment